Brandon Davis is back with the UFC.
After four straight wins on the regional scene, Davis (14-8 MMA, 2-5 UFC) will return to the promotion Oct. 16 after two years away when he takes on Danaa Batgerel (8-2 MMA, 2-1 UFC) at UFC Fight Night 195 at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. The fight is not signed yet, but verbal agreements are in place, expected to be signed in the coming days.
Two people with knowledge of the matchup confirmed the targeted booking to MMA Junkie but asked to remain anonymous as the promotion has yet to make an official announcement.
While he competed at both featherweight and bantamweight in the UFC, Davis, 31, is set on 135-pound competition going forward.
From January 2018 to September 2019, Davis fought seven times for the promotion and compiled a 2-5 record. His wins came against Steven Peterson and Randy Costa, with his losses against Zabit Magomedsharipov, Giga Chikadze, Kyung Ho Kang, Kyle Bochniak and Enrique Barzola.
As for Batgerel, the Mongolian fighter has won back-to-back fights via first-round knockout. After a unanimous decision defeat to Heili Alateng, Batgerel knocked out Guido Cannetti and Kevin Natividad in a combined 3: 51.
The lineup for UFC Fight Night 195 includes:
- Norma Dumont vs. Holly Holm
- Andrei Arlovski vs. Carlos Felipe
- Julian Marquez vs. Jordan Wright
- Kennedy Nzechukwu vs. Da Un Jung
- L’udovit Klein vs. Nate Landwehr
- Luana Carolina vs. Maryna Moroz
- Ariane Carnelossi vs. Istela Nunes
- Andrew Sanchez vs. Bruno Silva
- Marcelo Rojo vs. Daniel Santos
- Mayra Bueno Silva vs. Manon Fiorot
- Ramazan Emeev vs. Danny Roberts
- Danaa Batgerel vs. Brandon Davis